Pick the CFE Prep option that is best for you - online or onsite. For more information on the differences between our onsite and online courses, click here.
Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto - March 28 to 29, 2020 + 3 days of online sessions
Please note that the content for our May 2020 CFE Prep course is the same as our September 2019 CFE Prep course. However, the structure of the course is different (2 days onsite + 3 days online instead of 5 days onsite) because of the time of year the course is being offered.
Cases used as part of the CFE Prep course must be written and submitted for marking no later than the following dates.
March 28, March 29, April 10, May 2, 2020
If you cannot meet these deadlines, we recommend our CFE Prep Online - No Marking course.
Writing Day 1 Only?
Consider our CFE Day 1 Only online course, found here.
CFE Prep is a program tailored for experienced CFE writers (candidates who have written the CFE in a prior year) that encompasses the components we believe you need to pass the CFE. It includes two days of onsite and three days of online case-based training (you will pick your onsite location when you checkout) and supplemental online sessions to be viewed prior to the course.
The program also includes practice cases for the pre-course period to refresh case-writing skills as well as practice cases to help you complete the recommended study plan after the course. All practice cases include full marking guides, marker grids, and online walkthroughs to show you writing examples and the recommended approach. The four practice cases written during the course will be marked.
At Densmore, we consider the quality of our cases and marking to be our key strength. We invest hundreds of hours each year in understanding the CFE methodology, trends and expectations, and preparing our cases, so that our program reflects what you would expect to see on this year’s CFE.
This is a license for a single user.
This program gives you approach strategies and skills development for all three days of the CFE.
- Two days of onsite sessions (March 28-29, 2020 in Calgary, Toronto, or Vancouver) and three days of online sessions
- Online sessions covering initial skills review (how to update technical, understand role and required, appendix and quantitative analysis skills)
- 14 skill drills to test your technical knowledge in quantitative analysis
- Online depth session specific to your Day 2 role case
- One Densmore original CFE Day 1 case (based on your Capstone 1 case)
- Three Densmore original CFE Day 2 cases*
- Nine Densmore original CFE Day 3 cases*
*Note that these cases are the same cases that were used in the 2019 Densmore CFE Prep course (updated for any technical changes based on examinability cut-off date)
- Marking for one Densmore CFE Day 2 role case and three Densmore CFE Day 3 cases (as selected by Densmore) with feedback from experienced markers on approach, writing style and suggestions on how to improve based on your responses
- Hard copy of all course notes, exam booklets and related materials, as well as a hard copy book of scenario flowcharts for commonly tested topics
- Study and technical review plans
- Experienced writers’ forum to post questions and get answers from Densmore coaches, and regular postings by Densmore lecturers to help keep you on track
- Densmore prepared marker grids / debriefing guides for the 2015-2018 CFEs. Availability of 2019 CFE marker grids will depend on the release dat of the 2019 CFE report.
Onsite hours are approximately 9am to 5pm each day. Candidates can view sessions online at a later date if needed. All users have full online access to all sessions until May 28, 2020. For the difference between the online and onsite courses, click here.
Total course fees are $1,449 + tax. Course fees may be paid in full upon registration, or a deposit of $300 may be made to reserve your spot. Final payment will be required by March 15, 2020.
For our refund policy, click here.
Looking for a technical resource? Consider our CPA Competency Map Study Notes.
We are offering a discount of $200 + tax to anyone attending the course who passed Day 1 on a previous CFE. If this applies to you, please register normally and then send a copy of your CFE results to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When your course fees are paid in full, we will process the refund directly through your original method of payment. There will be a half day lecture during the course directly related to Day 1 that you will not need to attend.